Research Area: Plasmonics and photonics by colloids
- Since February 2018: PhD about plasmonic and optical nanostructures by colloids.
- Since January 2021: vice president of SPIE student chapter of Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- Graduated from Elite Master Program Advanced Materials and Processes (MAP) at FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg in 2018. Research projects in the field of photonic balls, simulation of hyperunifrom disordered photonic band gap materials and plasmonics.
- Double degree in B.Sc. (hons.) Physics at Nottingham Trent University and B.Sc. Physical Engineering at University of Applied Science Ravensburg-Weingarten in 2015. Thesis at NTU´s iSMART about resistivity of transparent conducting thin films.
- Awards: Hans-Böckler-Stiftung scholarship, Best Student Award and Poster Prize Winner MAP 2017, School of Science and Technology Prize NTU 2015, 2015´s Top Student in Physical Engineering HRW
- Hobbies: politics, photography, cooking and food from around the world
Eric S. A. Goerlitzer, Aniket S. Puri, Jebin J. Moses, Lisa V. Poulikakos, Nicolas Vogel
The Beginner’s Guide to Chiral Plasmonics: Mostly Harmless Theory and the Design of Large-Area Substrates
Advanced Optical Materials, 2021, DOI: 10.1002/adom.202100378
Eric S.A. Goerlitzer, Reza Mohammadi, Sergey Nechayev, Kirsten Volk, Marcel Rey, Peter Banzer, Matthias Karg, Nicolas Vogel
Chiral Surface Lattice Resonances
Advanced Materials, 2020, 32, 2001330
Eric Goerlitzer, Lutz Speichermann, Talha Mirza, Reza Mohammadi, Nicolas Vogel
Addressing the plasmonic hotspot region by site-specific functionalization of nanostructures
Nanoscale Adv., 2020, 2, 394-400
Eric S. A. Goerlitzer, Reza Mohammadi, Sergey Nechayev, Peter Banzer, Nicolas Vogel
Large-Area 3D Plasmonic Crescents with Tunable Chirality
Adv. Optical Mater. 2019, 1801770
J. S. J. Tang, R. S. Bader, E. S. A. Goerlitzer, J. F. Wendisch, G. R. Bourret, M. Rey, N. Vogel
Surface Patterning with SiO2@PNiPAm Core–Shell Particles
ACS omega 2018, 3(9), 12089-12098
E. S. A. Goerlitzer, R. N. Klupp Taylor, and N. Vogel
Bioinspired photonic pigments based on colloidal self-assembly
Advanced Materials2018, 30, 1706654